Friday, December 20, 2013

The Season

I know it has been awhile since I posted again but we have been in a very difficult season of our life. 

My mother in law was been very ill, she has been in the hospital since Dec. 3rd and in ICU since the 9th. We already know that we will not be having a normal Christmas. We have already celebrated Avery's 3rd birthday without her and it has been so difficult on all of us but especially my husband. 

My kids have stayed with my parents more than they have been home. Rich has practically run himself into the ground  staying by his mom's side. And I have tried to work and support Rich. As you can imagine we are exhausted. In fact the girls stayed at Mom's last night and I slept 11 hours and haven't done much today. I did finish Christmas shopping with my final run to Target. 

At this point we have no idea what the future will hold or when life will get back to normal. We don't know when Jackie will get better and that is the hard part. This is supposed to be a season of family, friends, and fun but I feel as though we have had none of that. 

I am grateful for my Mom who has helped me beyond measure and done everything in her power to make this Christmas Season special for my girls. She has done their Elf in a Shelf with them, bought and done their North Pole Communicator everyday with them, she has taken them and picked them up from school countless times, she attended Winter Concerts, and has helped us decorate our house or Christmas. I could never have made it through all this without her. 

Probably won't post much until our life is a little calmer and back to normal. In the meantime from our family to yours we wish you the happiest of holiday seasons!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment