Sunday, June 3, 2012

Back....

I know, I know, I always say I am not going to be so long between post but somehow life just gets in the middle. I haven't posted since the end of March and here it is the beginning of June....to be honest I am not even sure where the time has gone. As we all know I started a new job in January and it is great and I love it but a ton of work that keeps me very busy. My job involves covering open routes and training and since we have had at least one open route since I began it has been a crazy time of running routes, selling, training, and learning myself. I have been anywhere between Sun City, Brandon, Springhill, Dade City, Tampa, and New Port Richey. So that about sums up my craziness there, plus I start working around 4 am every morning, it is so early, trust me I know! I turned 32 in April with a nice quiet birthday celebrated with my husband and children, I loved it. They gave me an awesome gift of a day at the spa so I was in heaven between the massage, Mani/Pedi, and just quiet time. At the end of April we had an amazing 5th Birthday Party for Jolie at Horse Power for Kids, they rode ponies, hung out at the petting zoo, rode a train, ran around like crazy, held snakes, chased chickens, and had the time of their lives. I will do a big dump of pictures soon and show you the party but it was a great time. I spent some time collected all the supplies for that, including a great invite I ordered from Vista Print (I love them). I ordered kid's cowboy hats and bandanas for the favors and we had a horse piƱata for the kid's that was so fun. It was a great day, a little warm but so much fun! Then Jolie turned 5 on May 9th, since we had already done the big party it was just a small family pizza party on the actual day which was really nice. She got a 4 day trip to Disney with my parents and we gave her a really fun day with just Rich and I that consisted of a trip to the movies, Pinkberry, lunch, and shopping. I have to say our day with her was a great time that we all really enjoyed. I think we will be making this a birthday tradition for both girls. Rich and I think days like that and the memories made are so much better than the material gifts, plus these girls already have so much in the way of clothes and toys. Jolie was also accepted into the IB Primary Program at Rolland Park School for kindergarten next year so we are thrilled about that. It is a fantastic program with question based learning for the kids. She went to open house a few weeks ago and is thrilled about it. Jolie graduated from preschool on May 24th in a really cute little ceremony. I have to say it was a bittersweet moment for me as a parent. While I am so proud of her and all that she is accomplishing, I want her to stay little just a little longer. We also broke ground on the sorority house project with a ceremony in March and in real work mode in May. The entire project will be complete at the end of July and I have to say I can't wait. There is a lot going on but thank goodness for the house parents who have managed everything from the ground in Gainesville. Right now I am working on the invite to the dedication of the new chapter room in September so another project for completetion. I think that sums up where I have been but this time I promise not to stay away so long!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment