Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Long Weekend

After having a 3 day weekend this past weekend I found myself wishing every weekend was a long weekend, it is so much easier to get things done and still enjoy time with family when you get that extra day. We had a great weekend, it started Friday night with a happy hour event with Rich's co-workers, it was a nice time and I had so much funny putting names with faces of all the people he tells stories from work about.  The kids spent the night with the grandparents and it was nice to have a few cocktails, unwind, and have adult conversation with friends. Saturday we picked up the kids, hung out at home for awhile and then took the kids up to the mall for a little shopping, mall play area time, and a kid friendly food court meal. Rich and I waited to eat and did a little mini date night at home after the kid's went to bed. That was a great time too!  Sunday we did a little cleaning, grocery shopping, and PJ at home time. Then went to my parent's house for a nice Sunday dinner. Monday Avery went to school, Rich and Jolie played a round of golf at the little executive course near our house, she got a new club Saturday at the mall so she was thrilled to try it out with her Dad, and I got to have lunch and shop with my Mom. It was amazing to have some quality time with my Mom and we got some great deals!  All in all it was a fabulous weekend and makes me want TI have three day weekends more often!  Hope yours was fabulous too!

No comments:

Post a Comment