Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hot!!!!

So as most of you probably know it has been ungodly hot this summer, all over the country but especially here in Florida. It has been well into the 90's for days, weeks, probably several months. I have been thankful for AC all summer! Well, I spent the afternoon/early evening at my parents with the girls, Jolie and Avery had baths over there we ate dinner, etc. Rich was at a funeral for a friend/co-worker that passed away earlier this summer. I got home right at 8 and went straight upstairs to get Avery settled in to bed, Rich walked in as I was putting Avery down. I came out of Avery's room thinking to myself it is hot in here, I went over to the AC control, it was off, I turn it on, lower the temp and come downstairs to ask Rich when and why he turned the AC off. Rich informs me he just turned it off because it was set on 75 yet it was reading 80. We go back upstairs, mess with it, go outside and listen and realize the compressor isn't running, just the fan. We instantly realize, this is a problem. I of course call Dad, he loads up tools and the wet/dry vac and heads right over. He hooks the wet/dry vac to the little pole thing outside and sucks out a bunch of water, I think great it's fixed. Well, I was wrong....the compressor doesn't turn on. So needless to say on a Sunday night at 9 pm, there aren't many people ready to come over and fix it. So we load little Jolie up in the car and Rich takes her to my parent's house for the night and also picks up 2 extra fans, at this point we already have all the ceiling fans in the house on and our only fan in Avery's room, that sweet baby is sleeping through all of this. So as it stands now we have a call into the AC guy, we have fans running and Rich and I are watching Jersey Shore on DVR in the heat, well honestly with the fans it isn't that bad. Will update tomorrow. Mow I just have my fingers crossed that this doesn't cost a fortune to fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment