Sunday, July 31, 2011

I spent the weekend camping....

Well, not exactly camping but I was at camp, well again kind of....I spent the weekend at Camp Alpha Nu in Gainesville at the sorority house! It was kind of like roughing it as we stayed in the chapter house and I am just not use to a twin bed that is so high off the ground I had to use a chair to get into it. It also required flip flops in the shower as you wouldn't want to touch the floor in there because who knows what has touched it in the 50 years the house has been around. As I think I talk about it often but in case you don't know I have a love for all things related to the sorority house, it is my passion, I have spent the last nearly two years working hard to make the house gorgeous, we have done so many projects I don't know that I can even begin to list them all but I have to say the house is nearly there, it is almost amazing, there are few spaces I haven't touched in one way or another recently but today in our annual House Corporation Business Meeting we passed a motion to begin the project of an addition onto the chapter house, this has been a dream of mine since I was in college, I dreamed of being rich one day and having a whole wing named after me....while I am not rich yet and the wing won't be named after me I am so excited to know we are on our way to a bigger, better, prettier chapter house and that is what I have always wanted. So needless to say it was a great weekend of "camping" and catching up with old friends (including my little sister I hadn't seen in years, it was so great she contacted me and came by to see me, even if it was only for a few minutes) and making new friends with recent alums. I have to say this is always one of my favorite weekends of the summer every year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment