Monday, June 13, 2011

First Day of Swim Camp

Today was Jolie's first day of swim camp, I can't even begin to tell you how excited she was.  In fact, her excitement started at about 1:30 am this morning when she was in my room asking me when she was going to swim camp?  I of course quickly explained to her it was the middle of the night and not time for swim camp!  Rich had fallen asleep on the couch and wasn't in our bed so I let her crawl into our bed because I figured it was going to be easier than trying to get her to go back to sleep in her own bed.  Then of course not long after I got all that settled and back to sleep myself, Avery woke up in the middle of the night a little before 3 am, so then I was up for that feeding.  So needless to say Momma didn't get a very good night's sleep!  Good thing I started vacation today!

But this morning at 9 am Jolie started her first day of Swim Camp at Berkley Prep, the school my Aunt and Uncle teach at, they gave her two weeks of Swim Camp for her Birthday, what a great gift.  We went to the gym to finish her registration and see Jolie's Aunt Ciara who works there in the summer and pick up her Camp T-Shirt, she really liked that.  We then headed over to the pool for her to start her lesson.  Her group this week only has 5 kids in it and there are 6 instructors so obviously she got a ton of one on one attention and latched on to one teacher in particular named Corey, she was so sweet with Jolie.  Today they evaluated their level of swimming which with Jolie is okay for her age but we want her to get even better.  Jolie is not at all afraid of the water but needs to learn more how to get herself from point A to point B.  So they started with blowing bubbles and learning to go under the water and Jolie did pretty well except she wanted to keep jumping in the water, it was kind of funny.  She also did a lot of kicking while holding on to the edge and even her kicking is already getting better.  But I think by the time she is done with the two weeks she will be doing really well and we will be trying to keep her in the pool all summer and practicing all she has learned.  I will say though that it is amazing how hot it is outside at 9 am outside....I left the pool after the hour camp in a power sweat from sitting out there watching her!  She of course was cool as a cucumber from being in the pool.  I then took her to school and dropped her off there and she couldn't wait to tell everyone that she had been at swim camp, she just loved it and that was so sweet to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment