Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Week as a Stay at Home Mom-----Day 2

So last night went well, except a mess up in our take out but Avery went down to bed with ease and Rich and I got caught up on Jersey Shore from last week so that was fun, I often wondered how I lived without DVR, it is an amazing invention!

On to today....

5:30 am I was still sound asleep in bed but apparently Jolie was up and wondered downstairs to find Rich asleep on the couch where he had fallen asleep watching Monday Night Football. So she woke him up and they cuddled on the couch for a little while.

7:00 am Rich came upstairs and got in the shower. I got up and threw on a t-shirt and yoga pants, it is a comfy day as it is suppose to rain all day. I got Jolie dressed while Rich was in the shower and then Avery woke up so I got her up, diaper changed, and bottle fed. I decided to give Avery a PJ day so I just left her in the pj's she was wearing.

7:35 am We all came downstairs for breakfast, Jolie ate her cereal and Avery played in the pack and play, she doesn't like being in it except in the morning, so I use it while it works! Rich and I packed lunches, his and Jolie's. Rich made coffee....awesome because a cup was a must this morning!

8:15 am I loaded the kids up to take Jolie to school, we talked to my parents on the way and Jolie started crying when she realized Mimi and Poppy had gone to the Mountains without her. It was kind of sad and I felt real bad for my Mom but Jolie cheered up when we told her she would go with them in the summer.

8:45 Avery and I came back home and just played in the living room, she was busy!

10:15 am Avery got a mini bottle and went down for her morning nap. She played hard this morning so she was out pretty quick. I got a few minutes on the couch to just relax, loved that! Then I typed the first part of this post on the I-Pad. I sent a few words with friends to my Mom and Grandma. Now I am going to figure out what's for dinner and defrost that and then I am going to heat up some soup from the freezer for lunch. I also had my weekly update call with the house director at the sorority house, this afternoon I am hoping to get some other things done for the sorority as well.

11:45 am Avery wakes up from her nap, good thing I had already ate my lunch, thank goodness for quick and easy things from the freezer.  My freezer is getting a little light on food so I think it means I have to grocery shop and cook on Thursday or Friday.  Anyways, I go upstairs and get Avery, change her diaper and look around her room and realize it is a mess, the girls have been playing in there a lot lately so it needs to be cleaned, I make a mental note of that and think that it might be a good afternoon project.

12:00 pm I put Avery in the highchair to eat lunch, she eats all her baby food jar, I am currently collecting the glass baby food jars for a project for her first birthday party so I get very happy when we have empties.  I currently have 13 and I need 57, so she needs to get to eating!! ha ha  Then she eats her little puffs, she is getting so good at feeding herself those, it is amazing how fast she has grown.

12:30 pm I put Avery on the floor to play, she crawls around I surf the net for a new shelve for my dining room, I measure the space and think of my needs and send a couple of links to Rich for his opinion.  Rich tells me he doesn't care (I do love that he lets me decorate and undecorate however I want and he also appreciates the fact that I try to do so at a minimal cost) so I find the one I want at Ikea, check the inventory for the Tampa store and bingo they have it, and it fits my budget!!  Love it when the stars align like that!  I get super excited and think of packing Avery up and going over to get it.  Rich texts me and says it is supposed to rain all afternoon why would I want to do this.  I agree but it hasn't rained a drop yet, even though it was supposed to start last night, then no later than noon and so on but I decide I will do this tomorrow.  So then I debate what today's project is going to be.  While I debate my next project I clean out a catch all basket that is in the kitchen.  I then decide it was time to clean Avery's room.

1:15 pm Avery and I head to her room for cleaning, well I cleaned she played on the floor with all her toys.  I moved some stuff around, put some small clothes away for my friend Sarah's kids, and pull out some more clothes that are Avery's size and good for fall.  I dusted and moved some things around.  Then before I put all the toys on the floor away Avery and I played and giggled and just had some great Mommy/Baby time.

2:30 pm We came downstairs I threw away the garbage from our cleaning and put away a few things I had brought downstairs while Avery spent about 10 minutes in the pack and play.  I made her little bottle and she ate it all, quickly!!  She is a little piglet!! :)

2:45 pm Avery went to her crib for her afternoon nap, she went right down, we played pretty hard!  I wrote more of this blog post, I am using every minute I have.  I did a little research on some items I need for little projects for Avery's first birthday party, that will be a post for another day.  I promised Rich I would have at least one day of my vacation where I didn't spend any money so I stop myself from ordering them and figure I will do it tomorrow since I am going to Ikea tomorrow anyways, so today is No Spending Tuesday in The Perillo House.

3:30 pm I get busy with work, I have orders to put in and some phone calls to take, I hear her on the monitor playing but she isn't crying so I leave her a little longer.  She goes back to sleep for a few more minutes.

4:00 pm Avery is for sure awake now.  I go upstairs to her room and we play up there for a few minutes, I took the I-Pad to play words with friends while I watched her crawl around.  I then decide since I cleaned Avery's Room I should also clean Jolie's Room.  So Avery and I head in there and get it done!

5:15 pm Rich and Jolie arrive home as Avery and I finish cleaning Jolie's room, I didn't get to the girl's bathroom but I had already sprayed the cleaner so I know I have to get it done before Avery's bath tonight.  We all go downstairs and play for a little bit.

6:00 pm I start making dinner, just a simple chicken and veggie pasta that I make fairly regularly.  We eat, which with Jolie is forever an adventure.  Avery eats well, I have another baby food jar for my collection, Jolie doesn't do as well and looses her TV privilege for the evening.

7:00 pm Rich watches the girls so I can get back upstairs and clean the girl's bathroom.  I play with the girl's for a few minutes while Rich takes the laundry out and hangs up a few things to dry.

7:30 pm Rich gives Avery a bath and Jolie and I put the kid's toys away in Avery's room.

7:50 pm I give Avery her night bottle, she goes to bed quickly, totally unlike Avery but it happens.  I know deep down that it won't last but I keep going.

8:10 pm I get in the shower for the first time this week, its awful isn't it, that is the one thing that I feel like is very difficult this week, there doesn't seem to be time for me, not even for a shower, because pretty much I only have time to do it when Rich is home, that limits things quite a bit.

8:30 pm I sit down to update this blog.  I think of the 700 things I still feel like need to be done tonight but at this point I start prioritizing as I am tired.  I decide once done with this I am going to the dishes and clean the kitchen and then I am going to consult the store ads and my coupons and make a quick grocery list to get us through the rest of this week.  I didn't grocery shop this weekend, I did a big shop the week before, the sales were just awesome!  So I am just going to do a small trip and get just the things we need until the weekend.  I also need to inventory the meats in the freezer as the local meat market will have a new ad coming out tomorrow, this way I will know what I have and what sales I want to take advantage of.

So with that note it is 8:45 pm and I still have dishes, cleaning, and grocery list making to do.  In conclusion, it was another good day at home with Avery, she is so cute.  I think I will take a few pictures tomorrow to share but until then I have a lot to do, will be back tomorrow to continue my week long post series.  I will also say I did not get as much done today as I wanted to but I had a good time with my sweet baby girl!  On a side note, it never did rain today....so I stayed in for nothing!  The weatherman got it all wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment