Friday, April 23, 2010

Show us your life....How you met your husband...

So Kelly over at Kelly's Corner does really fun things every week called "Show Us Your Life", each week has a different theme and sometimes I don't really have much to share but this week is "How you met your husband". So here is the story of how I met Rich...

It was December of 2002 when I had broken up with the loser boyfriend I had been with for about a year and one of the girls I worked with was getting married in January. I had a great friend that I also worked with named Erica, her husband Lui was also a great friend and they were excited to know that I was no longer with the loser. So then I went to Erica and Lui and said hey we all have to go to that wedding in January and I really don't want to have to go by myself. So Lui pipes in with "I know the perfect guy, he works for me, and he would be just perfect for you". I kindly reply "I don't need perfect, I just need a date for this wedding". So Erica and Lui arrange a little dinner at a local restaurant/bar for the four of us on the Tuesday before the wedding so that we can meet before sending an entire day/evening together for the wedding. Rich had already agreed with Lui to go to the wedding. So Tuesday came and I got all dressed perfect, bought a new outfit, had my favorite neighbor do my hair and make-up. I was excited to be meeting someone new and hopefully for what might become of the relationship, I of course showed up fashionably late so he was waiting on me, not the other way around. We had a great time over some dinner and drinks with Erica and Lui. Our friends had a babysitter for there 4 year old so they couldn't stay out late so they left around 9:30. Rich and I were having such a great time that we went on to another more "late night bar" and we ending up sitting there talking, sipping drinks until they closed at 2 am. Time just seemed to fly that night, he gave me a kiss goodbye and said he would call before the wedding. That very next day (Wednesday) he called and asked if we could go to lunch together on Thursday, I said yes. We just clicked from the beginning, I really knew within the first few days that he was the one and that we would be together forever, it was truly a magically time in my life. We went to lunch that Thursday and then to the wedding on Saturday which began our dating and we dated steadily that first year, broke up for a little while but remained friends and then got back together in the beginning of 2006 and dated until we got engaged at the end of 2006 and married in Febuary of 2007. We then welcomed our beautiful daughter in May of 2007 and our expecting number 2 in December of this year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment