So as I have mentioned a time or two on the blog I am super into saving money and couponing and I have been working really hard on saving money on our food budget. I just feel as though the price of food has gotten out of control so I am doing my part to keep our budget in line. So I went this morning to our local Publix armed with 32 different coupons, a list, no children (thank you Rich!!!), and the mind set that I was going to do GREAT!!!
I have to say I did quite well, so here is a recap of what I bought and what I saved, I will try to link up a few coupons that are still on line for printing as well if it will help anyone else.
Tampa Tribune $1.00
St. Pete Times $0.75
(there are great coupons this week so that was a must, will get extras from my Mom and Grandma so that I have the multiples I might need)
(2) Goya Spanish Rice $1.99 used 2 $0.55 off coupons from http://www.coupons.com/ use zip code 33634.
Total $2.88 for two.
(2) Lays Kettle Chips at 2 for $5.00 on sale
(1) Act Mouth Wash used 1 $1.00 off coupon for the SS a few weeks back.
(4) Green Giant Can Corn, BOGO at $1.25 for 2.
Total $2.50 for 4 cans ($0.63 each).
(2) Swanson's Chicken Broth BOGO at $2.69 for 2 used $1.00/2 coupon.
Total $1.69 for 2 ($0.845)
(2) Canada Dry Ginger Ale BOGO at $1.89 for 2 used $0.50/2 coupon from http://www.target.com/.
Total $1.39 for 2 ($0.695 each)
(1) Ziplock Gallon Bags at $2.15
(1) Ziplock Quart Bags at $2.15
used $1.50/2 from www.recyclebank.com reward.
used $1.00/2 from the Yellow Publix Flyer (you can find it at the front of your store with the weekly ad).
Total $1.80 for 2 ($0.90 each) GREAT DEAL!!!
(2) Zehyperhills Sparkling Water at $0.99 each. Used BOGO coupon from newspaper about a month ago
Total $0.99 for 2 ($0.495)
(1) Garnier Hairspray at $3.49. Used $1.00 off from RP (not sure which week).
(4) Sprout Organic Baby Food at $0.99 each
used BOGO Coupon from Publix Yellow Flyer
used Buy 3 get 1 Free Coupon from http://www.coupons.com/, not there any longer, hope you printed!
Total $1.98 for 4 ($0.495 each) GREAT DEAL!!!
(1) 2 Pack GE Halogen Light Bulbs at $4.79. Used $1.50/1 from http://www.target.com/ (remember this only works if your store takes Target Coupons as a Competitor)
(2) Kraft Mayo BOGO at $4.49 for 2. Used 2 peelies on jars for $0.35/1.
Total $3.79 for 2 ($1.895 each).
(15) Beechnut Baby Food Jars at $0.57 each. Used $1.85/15 from http://www.beechnut.com/.
Total $6.70 for 15 ($0.447 each)
(2) Publix Singles Cheese at 2/$5.00. Used 2 $1.00/1 Any Brand Cheese from http://www.coupons.com/.
Total $3.00 for 2 ($1.50 each)
(1) Mission Tortilla at $2.69. Used $1/1 that I found on the printable coupon section of www.thekrazycouponlady.com.
2 Large Green Peppers at $1.49/lb for a total of $1.97
(2) Bags of Baby Carrots at 4/$5.00 for a total of $2.50
(1) 5lb Bag of Idaho Potatoes at 2/$5.00 for a total of $2.50
(2) Country Crock Butter BOGO at $2.15 for 2. Used 2, $0.40/1
Total $1.35 for 2 ($0.675 each)
(2) TGIF for 1 BOGO at $3.69 for 2.
2, $1/1 that I printed on-line somewhere.
1. $1/1 from Publix Yellow Flyer
Total $0.69 for 2 ($0.345 each)
(3) Ore Ida Fries at $2.79 each.
Buy 2 get 1 free from Publix Yellow Flyer
$1/1 from the Veteran's Day Salute On-line, find the link at www.iheartpublix.com, it only let me print 1, otherwise I would have used 3 of them!!!
Total $4.58 for 3 ($1.53 each)
(6) Green Giant Steamers BOGO at $2.79 each.
2, $0.75/3 from http://www.target.com/
Total $6.87 for 6 ($1.15 each) This is a GREAT deal for close to fresh veggies that taste good and cook fast!
(2) Zatarain Frozen Entrees BOGO at $2.99
$1/2 coupon from on-line somewhere, I forget! :(
Total $1.99 for 2 ($0.98 each)
(2) Pillsbury Cookie Dough at 3/$6.00
$1/2 coupon from http://www.coupons.com/
Total $3.00 ($1.50 each)
(1) Sargento Shredded Cheese at $3.99.
$0.55/1 from $1/1 from the Veteran's Day Salute On-line, find the link at www.iheartpublix.com
And that's it so in case you weren't keeping track....that is a total of $149.75 in groceries for $74.45 out of pocket, plus I used a coupon for a FREE $10.00 gift card for spending $50.00 at Publix coupon so I have $10 left to use next week to help me then as well!!! That is a total savings of 49.7%!!!! That was a GREAT trip to Publix and I have one more stop to make at Target for the week for a Free Loaf of Bread (coupon came in the mail) and Baby Formula (of course I have a coupon for that too!!!)
Happy Saving, hope this helps!!!