Monday, February 14, 2011

We miss you, a year later.....

So I just couldn't bring myself to write anything yesterday but I feel as though I owe a post to my Grandmother who passed away a year ago yesterday so I am writing a short one this morning.

A year ago yesterday Rich and I were woken up around 1 am by our doorbell ringing, totally confused and half asleep we both ran downstairs to the door to find my Mom in tears at the door telling me my Dad's Mom had passed away and if I wanted a chance to say goodbye I had to go right then with her to the ER at St. Joe's. I quickly got dressed in tears and went with her leaving Rich and a sleeping Jolie at home. We spent a couple of hours at the hospital, said our goodbyes and had the priest come for her last rights. We all cried and mourned andthenwentto my Grandfathers to try to settle him back in as she had really passed away in her sleep at their home. I returned home around 7 am, tried to sleep a little and then rejoined family mid-morning. I have to say it might have been one of the hardest days of my life. I just miss her so much, she was such an important part of my life and of Jolie's life. She wanted Rich and I to have another baby so badly so just two short months after she passed and we found out we were pregnant with Avery it was bittersweet knowing she wasn't going to be here to see our sweet baby girl. I know God does things according to His plan but I sure wish His plan could have been a little different. We did however name Avery Marie with her in mind and we realize that she is watching down on us and I know she smiled the biggest smile as we welcomed Avery Marie into the world on December 17th. It has been a struggle this year without her but I know she would want me to move on. So here is to never forgetting the memories made but knowing it is time to move on.

Wel,
I love you and miss you daily. Please continue to look down on us and watch over us. You will forever be in my heart and I will always treasure my memories of you!
Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment