Monday, August 2, 2010

A week off....sort of

So I have a week's vacation this week although I use the word vacation loosely as I have a lot planned for the week.  I will be cleaning up and out as well as preparing for painters that will begin next week.  Beginning a week from today I have painters come to paint all of the downstairs, stairwell, upstairs hallway, and Jolie's new big girl room, and then depending on the sex of Baby Perillo II we will be having that room painted too.  On Friday of this week we have our big 20 week ultrasound where we hope to find out what Baby Perillo II is so I am really excited about that, I just don't have the feeling I did with Jolie of what this baby is but we have names pretty well picked out either way, we are set for sure on a boy name and are almost decided on the girl name.  I am hoping for a boy as I know Rich would love a son but a girl would be great too, although if we have a girl she is going to be living her life in hand me downs so for that fact alone I hope it is a boy.  After Friday I will know what I need to keep and what I can get rid of and that alone is exciting as I have spent the last 3 plus years just saving things "just in case", I haven't gotten rid of a single piece of clothing or anything.  Although today I will be cleaning out bottles and things like that as some of the ones that Jolie used were not BPA free as that wasn't a big thing when she was first born.

So here is the to do list for the week:
1.  Pick a paint color for Jolie's new room.
2.  Deep clean all three bathrooms and kitchen.
3.  Clean living room, including under the sofas and under the sofa cushions, pack up some of the pictures, etc. for the painters, it will make it much easier to move the furniture for next week.
4.  Clean out the china cabinet.
5.  Clean out master bedroom closet, get rid of tons of old clothes, pack up clothes that don't fit now but will have pregnancy, make room for Rich to have space in the master bedroom closet since Jolie will be taking over his closet.
6.  Clean master bedroom for paint, Rich is actually painting our room and bathroom since they are the least important and easiest instead of paying the painters more.
7.  Clean up and out Jolie's current room to make the move to the new room easier.

I think that is about it but as you can see it really isn't going to be much of a vacation because on top of all I have to do I will be taking calls for work.  Although as slow as work has been that shouldn't take up much time.

1 comment:

  1. Dave is taking three days off this week as well so we can get stuff done around here. I'm going to do a blog post about our list soon. But we only have six weeks until our baby comes and are SO not ready! Good luck with your projects on your week off!

    ReplyDelete