Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Home Sweet Home....

It was so nice to come home from the hospital yesterday, I will say that Rich and I decided it was much like a mini vacation for the two of us, as people doted on us and we only had a newborn to take care of most the time as Jolie was with my parents but it was time to come home and start our lives as a foursome.  So we got home yesterday around 5 pm after a long wait on a few last minute test at the hospital for Avery and then shortly after we got here my parent's brought Jolie home and things were a little crazy for a while but the night went much smoother.  Avery slept well in her bassinet in our room and got up for 2 night feedings (well actually I had to wake her because I had to feed her so I didn't have to pump as my milk came in with a vengeance yesterday).  We got up this morning to take Avery to the doctor for a check up after her blood test results yesterday.  We even took Jolie with us to the doctor and I have to say it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be to get all four of us ready and out the door at the same time, what a relief to know that we can do, we have to do it again tomorrow as I have to go to the OB for a follow up to my surgery, we will be dropping Jolie off with my Mom and taking Baby Avery with us. 

I have to say I am completely in love with my baby and with my family of four, it just feels so complete.  My girls are the best and my husband is wonderful and been such a blessing while we are adjusting and I am recovering.  My husband did laundry at 5:45 am this morning after Jolie came into our room to inform us that she had an accident, so I changed clothes and he changed the bed and did laundry.  In the laundry was also clothes that Avery had pee pee'd on, poor Rich but it was great that he is such a help.  I have to say I am totally digging not being at work and being so into my new family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment