Friday, December 31, 2010

The Most Memorable Moments of 2010

Wow what a year it has been...I truly can't believe it is all ready over. As a reflection on the last year I thought it would be a good idea to reflect on some of the most joyous and then some of the most sorrowful moments of the year as we draw to an end of 2010 and welcome in another year that will soon be unfolding.

1. Rich and I ushered in the New Year together quietly at home and made wishes for the year ahead and had the hopes of a year full of all joy and no sorrow. We made resolutions for the year ahead and looked on to the year.

2. We spent Superbowl Sunday celebrating my Dad's 59th Birthday, it was a great time! Little did anyone realize this was going to be the last time our entire family got together, just 6 short days later my Dad's mother passed away peacefully in her sleep. So in the wee hours of the morning on February 13th my family gathered around my Grandmother in the ER of St. Joesph's Hospital and said our final goodbyes. Truly one of the most sorrowful times of not only 2010 but of my life. I have spent most of the rest of the year reflecting on all that she meant to me and my family. I miss her greatly but realize she is still watching over me and a major part of my life.


3. Rich and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary on February 10th with a great night out to Roy's in Tampa. It was hard to believe then that we were already married 3 years and now we are only about 6 weeks away from being married 4 years. I am not sure that there is such a thing as a perfect marriage but Rich and I have strived to find our way in our marriage and it is really working for us, it isn't always perfect but we truly love each other.

4. On April 7th I turned the BIG 3-0 in a quite celebration with my family and a night out with some friends the night before. It is so hard to believe that I am really 30 years old, no longer in my 20's and coming into my own as a woman, as a wife and as a mother.


Rich and I out at Roy's.

Did I mention my friends and I went to "Drag Queen Bingo"?  It was so much fun!!

5.  Just 9 days after turning 30 Rich and I were excited and nervous to find out that we were pregnant with our second child!  I had dreamed of my family of two and always wanted a second daughter so they could grow up together and be best friends as adults, it was a dream come true.  Although I know Rich secretly wanted a son, I mean what man doesn't, we were thrilled to learn that we were indeed having a second daughter the first week in August.  We were excited to know that we would be having an amazing Christmas season as we were due on Christmas Day and would be scheduling a repeat C-Section just a week or so before the holiday.  Most of our year focused on being pregnant and getting ready to be a family of 4.  We started this blog to remember our journey and we started with the moving around of our house in preparation.



6.  On Mother's Day we celebrated Jolie's 3rd Birthday with family and joyfully announced to our families the upcoming arrival of our newest addition.  A week later Jolie had a huge, wonderful, Tea Party Birthday Party with family and friends to ring in being 3.  She truly enjoyed her day and was thrilled to know she would soon be a big sister.

7.  At the end of May Rich and I were lucky enough to have me win a short cruise from work.  So my parents watched Jolie and we set sail from Miami for a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas, it was truly a great time and like the mini-honeymoon Rich and I hadn't gotten a chance to take yet.



8.  In early July we had a memorable and wonderful summer, family vacation to visit my parents in North Carolina.  It was a great time full of awesome adventures for Jolie...we went blueberry picking, we went to the gem mine, Rich and Jolie walked all the way up to the top of Mt. Mitchell (being pregnant and it being hot I waited at the store), see fireworks, go fishing.  We also got the chance to see my childhood best friend and her family for a day while we were there, I got a chance to meet her youngest daughter and my husband and her husband finally got a chance to meet as well, it was amazing to see her as I hadn't seen her since Jolie was very small.


9.  In August the preparations to clean out and rearrange our house took over in full swing.  We had the entire house painted by a professional...it looks great, I really love it.  We moved Jolie into what use to be our office/guest room and in the process we loose what was our office, so I took a whole desk/room full of office stuff and put it all into a tall bookcase in the hallway upstairs and three canvas bins that sit on the underneath shelf of my China Cabinet, that was a major under taking!!  We cleaned out every closet in our house and totally reorganized.  We then proceeded to do more home improvement projects the rest of the year until Avery's arrival.  We cleaned out the garage and rearranged things and made our home into a cute little home for our family of four.

10.  We celebrated Rich's 32nd Birthday in September with a quiet little family party.  Jolie and I got Rich a round of golf and an overnight stay at Bay Hill Golf Club over in Orlando for his Birthday so him and his friend Scott headed over there in early October to take part in that and had a GREAT time!  Rich said it was easily one of his most favorite gifts ever, success!!  Rich is probably the most difficult person to purchase gifts for as he is a man of little wants or really even needs and isn't much into "cluttery" things so most often the best gifts for him are things that he can do.


11.  We had amazing fall holidays, starting with a GREAT Halloween with Jolie dressed up like the cutest Lady Bug you have ever seen.  That was a fun day at my Mom's house for a little party and pumpkin painting and carving.  We then had a fabulous Thanksgiving dinner together as a family, it was truly memorable to all be together, even my Aunt from Chicago was in town.  I enjoyed my last family gathering with a family of three and while being pregnant but I can honestly say I was ready to pop and have Avery and just have our completed family.



12.  On December 17th bright and early in the morning Rich and University Community Hospital Women's Center and at 7:50 am via repeat c-section welcomed an 8lb, 5oz baby girl we named Avery Marie Perillo.  She is beautiful and amazing and since this just happened and I have already written a huge post about her, I will just leave the link here.



13.  We then celebrated what felt like the most magical Christmas ever.  It was complete and wonderful and the only thing that would have made it better was having my Grandmother here along with us.  Once again since I just wrote a massive post on this I will just add the link here.


And here we are...the dawn of a new year.  I am so excited to see what 2011 holds for me and my family, while I could sit here and make resolutions for the new year and talk about all the things that I am going to do and the things that I am going to give up, I think I will refrain from that this year.  I think this year instead I will make just one commitment to myself and that is that in 2011 I promise to put my family first, I will thinking of them before making commitments for work or with friends and remember what is the most important and that is my family and spending time with them.  I want to use 2011 to make the turn to simple, I want to make my life simple, so here is to a year full of the simple, important things and making memories with my family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment