Monday, January 31, 2011

Hush Little Baby

Last night might have been one of the longest nights of my life....I spent the better part of three hours trying to calm a crazy, fussy baby. My poor little, sweet baby spent those three long hours just screaming at the top of her lungs, I did everything to try and calm her. It was crazy, I walked with her, I bounced with her, I rocked with her, you name it I tried it. I tried feeding her, I tried her pacifier, anything and everything to no avail. She hasn't had a bowel movement in several days but every bit of research I did online says that isn't abnormal for a breastfeed baby but I am still convinced that her tummy was bothering her because as she screamed she was clinching up. All I know is it might have been the longest three hours of my life! I also think the only reason she stopped crying and screaming is because she just plain wore herself out. She slept fine during the night and is feeding well and is currently taking a nap so hopefully she is better soon, all I know is Mommy can't handle more screaming. Will keep you posted, any suggestions please leave a comment, I will try anything if the screaming starts back up.....

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried gripe water? It's an herbal remedy you can find in the grocery store (although I prefer the organic variety from the health food store). I was a colicky baby and Holder had a witching hour of at least 1 hr of screaming a night as a young infant. Gripe water worked wonders! I highly recommend it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete